The floating crane 'Antee’ being manoeuvred in the Old Harbour now better known now as the Albert Marina. This crane was used to offload many of the supplies brought to the island by the Germans including construction supplies and artillery pieces. The pier was fenced off to the public, in the background you can see a number of radio vehicles sited on the Crown Pier.
Photograph of LSI (H) St Helier in 'D-Day’ camouflage carrying Landing Craft Assault and flying her Anti-Aircraft balloon. The reverse has been endorsed, “Passed for transmission through the post but not good for publication.” There are also two signatures, T. McBryde and P. J. Hickson, Surg. Lieut., RNVR, and an oval cachet in red, “Commanding Officer H.M.S. “St Helier” – 8 Feb 1945.” St Helier downed a German Stuka and rescued 10,200 troops at Dunkirk.
The German jetty at Braye Harbour, Alderney in advanced stages of decay. The jetty comprised of two Krupp sections linked to a Dortmunder Union section which in turn was connected to the existing harbour. The jetty was designed for use as an improvised harbour during Operation Sealion. It was finally demolished in 1979.